What a great year it’s been! The PTO at Agnor-Hurt has been busy and we have had a very successful year! We’ve supported some great projects, including a bunch of field trips, Fall Festival, two book fairs, building of raised garden beds, and we are in the process of purchasing a new piano for the music department.
This summer, we have a team planning to build new benches for the playgrounds. And, we are forming a new committee to plan a playground overhaul on the “small” playground (near the 2nd/3rd grade wing).
This is all thanks to the dedication of our parent and teacher volunteers! And in order to continue this great work, we need YOU to be part of the team. Please consider helping out for the 2016-2017 school year. Here is a sampling of volunteer jobs:
- Serve on the Playground Committee: We are surveying staff and students and need to come up with a plan for the new playground.
- Provide the staff with a back-to-school breakfast the week before school starts (August 2016).
- Help oversee fundraising efforts throughout the year.
- Help organize the Dining Guide sales in September.
- Organize food offerings for Fall Festival.
- Assist with planning one of our two book fairs (fall and spring).
- Serve as one of a team of web administrators.
- Assist with publishing the bi-weekly Gator Gazette.