Hello! We hope you had a fun and relaxing summer! Your PTO is already working to fulfill our mission of supporting teachers and students for the upcoming school year. We have a few jobs that we need some help with… would you be willing to give us a little of your time? Or, do you know someone who can?
A preliminary list of volunteer positions is available here. Please feel free to put in your name and e-mail address in any slot that interests you. Multiple volunteers are fine! Many hands make light work.
The Fall Festival Committee is looking for members for each subcommittee listed below. We have something for everyone! It takes a small army to plan and execute Fall Festival. You can give a couple hours to help out on the day of the festival or a few hours a week to help with the planning. Fall Festival requires coordinating three key areas to make the festival a success:
- The Ticket Committee is responsible for getting the form copied and sent home, selling presale meals and wristbands two weeks before the event; be available to count out the tickets as the orders come in and send them home to the child.
- The Auction Committee! We need many talents such as obtaining donations, organizing donated items, managing operations, marketing, obtaining sponsors and graphic design. If you like to have fun, this is the committee for you!
- The Games Committee is responsible for making sure each game is set up and ready for volunteers to help run. The day of the event, you will need to visit each booth and see if everything is running smoothly, give breaks to volunteers, bring back up supplies, and pass out bottled waters to the volunteers at their booths.
- The Food Committee is responsible for arranging food to be sold at the event. This includes contacting local restaurants, grocery stores, and businesses and asking for food donations. If you know anyone in the food industry this would be a great committee for you!
Sign up here to help with Fall Festival!
Other opportunities: See our online sign up to volunteer for these or other opportunities.
- Teacher Appreciation – Help organize a teacher breakfast in January, and events for Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
- Dining Guides – We are planning to sell the Dining Guide as a fundraiser this year. We need a few volunteers to organize order forms, etc.
- Communications – Help with publication of the Gator Gazette, as well as keeping the website up to date.
- Skate Night – Twice each school year we offer roller skating in the gym and cafeteria. It’s fun for all ages! Eric Warren coordinates, and would like 2-3 assistants this year (plus more volunteers on the nights of the event).
- International Night – A fun and inspiring event held in March that highlights Agnor-Hurt’s diversity. A team of 5-6 people would be perfect for organizing this event.
- Bilingual Liaison – The Bilingual Liaison translates all PTO communications into Spanish for our non-English speaking parents. This includes the Gator Gazette and any flyers for upcoming PTO events.
- Restaurant Fundraiser – One or two people to touch base with a couple of local restaurants and set up fundraising nights.
- Playground Improvements Committee – We are planning a new playground on the grounds near the 2nd/3rd grade and 4th/5th grade wings. Please join us to help with planning. No experience or expertise required!
If you would like any more information, or if you can help, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!