Wow, it’s a whirlwind of activity after spring break! We are in the midst of Book Fair this week, rehearsing for the Talent Show, and preparing for Teacher Appreciation Week next week. Here are a few notes:
- Parents, please be aware that the Book Fair closes at 11:30am on Friday. Starting at 11:30, we are packing up all the books.
- The first rehearsal for the Talent Show is today after school.
- Preparations are underway for the staff luncheon next Wednesday (April 26). Please sign up to help out and/or bring something if you can.
- The Talent Show is next Friday, April 28, at 6:30pm.
- The May PTO meeting has been changed to Tuesday, May 16 at 6:30pm.
April is a busy month! We have several events coming up that require some parent volunteers and/or contributions. Here’s a quick list:
Book Fair: The week of April 17-20. We need a bunch of parent volunteers to help students choose and buy books. Please sign up if you can come in for an hour or two (ore more!).
Teacher Appreciation Week: We are providing lunch for the teachers and staff on Wednesday, April 26. Please sign up if you can bring something for the lunch, and/or help for an hour or so with set up and clean up.
Talent Show, April 28, 6:30pm: We need some parent volunteers before and after the event for set-up and clean-up. We could also use some volunteers to help rehearsals run smoothly. Please contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The PTO is entirely volunteer-run and depends on our Agnor-Hurt families for support. Thank you!!
Calling all 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders!
Friday, April 28th at 6:30pm is your night to take the stage and share your talent with our Agnor Hurt community.
Here is what you need to know:
- Registration forms are due by Wednesday, April 12th. We apologize, but no late registrations will be accepted.
- Each act has a time limit of 3 minutes.
- Each student may participate in a maximum of two acts – 1 solo & 1 group OR 2 groups (Two solo acts will not be allowed)
- All music must be submitted to the Talent Show committee for approval by Friday, April 14th. Please submit your music on a CD labeled with your name to Ms. McCracken o Mr. Baron. Alternatively, music may be sent electronically to email@example.com. Music is approved on a first come/first served basis. It may be a good idea to have a back-up song in mind just in case. Music must be age appropriate (language and content) for all audiences.
- For all singers, we want to hear your beautiful voices. No lip-syncing. Please submit a karaoke version of your song. Instrumental versions of most songs can be found on ITunes.
- There will be two dress rehearsals – Wednesday, April 19th and Thursday, April 27th from 2:30pm-4:30pm. These are MANDATORY. Please come PREPARED and ready to perform.
- Need this information in Spanish? Click here for information and here for registration form.
5th graders: We are looking for a few outgoing kids to help “emcee” the event. Interested? Please indicate you’d like to emcee by completing a registration form.
Need ideas for an act? Here are a few: poets, actors in skits, singers, comedians, cup stacking, dancing – be creative and have fun! See Ms. McCracken if you need help with an idea.
We are excited to announce that there will be a Talent Show in the spring for any 3rd-5th graders who wish to participate! Details will be forthcoming, but in the meantime we need parent volunteers to help out. We have one parent coordinating and several teachers on board. In order for the event to move forward and to be a success, we are looking for a co-coordinator as well as 2-3 more parents to help with planning. We will also need additional help the night of the event!
If you can donate a little of your time to this fun event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.